www.zxrforums.co.uk Forum Index www.zxrforums.co.uk
Kawasaki ZX9-R Website Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie to Metal polishing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zxrforums.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishbike
Making a go of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Newbie to Metal polishing Reply with quote

Hi all

Nice to be back where I belong! Had a bandit 1200 for the past 6 years but now back on my first love "the zx9r".

Anyway just acquired a 2001 E1. Nice bike but sadly has a tatty frame and a few scuffs from a sidestand drop. Thinking of getting frame and swingarm polished. But just curious to know a few things. First of all once the bike is polished, is it then varnished to protect the metal? If not does this mean regular strip downs and touch ups?

Also does anyone know any places near Rochdale that strip down frame and swingarm and polish? (I have no DIY skills and no place to carry out the work if I did).

yorkie
Forum Tramp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of polishing as it means too much cleaning, so sorry I can't help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zxrforums.co.uk Forum Index -> Technical Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: