www.zxrforums.co.uk Forum Index www.zxrforums.co.uk
Kawasaki ZX9-R Website Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vibes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zxrforums.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion (ZX-10R)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big_Gaz
WSB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Vibes Reply with quote

Here's a quick question. Does anybody else with a new or old 10 suffer excessive vibration? Have been reading in various forums about new and old 10R's suffering with vibes throughout the bike. Mine is vibrating the bars enough to make my whole hand go numb and through the back of the tank (which can be quite nice!) at low revs.

Have spoken to the shop I bought it from (Kawasaki Bristol) and they said it would get better as it runs in, well after 2k miles it's just as bad, this is more a dissapointment thing than anything else, but I would be interested to know anybody elses view/experiences.

Big_Gaz 6'1'' 15st 13lbs

Last edited by Big_Gaz on Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Grunty-Motor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is a bit vibey. one pair of glovea i have leaves me with white finger - the other (race / vented ones) are fine.

what I notice more that anything is the number of bolts that come loose - pegs, gear change, fairing, headlamp, then list goes on. now everything gets lock tighted on.

WSB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused mine is no more vibey than my 9r was and i wouldnt have said the 9 is vibey
a couple of hours in the saddle and all i get is tingle/numb fingers but not my thumbs
and nothing has fallen off yet (off the bike that is)

Big_Gaz
WSB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took it back to the shop this morning, they tightened up the engine mounting bolts and reckoned it would be all right. They took it out for a test and proclaimed it fixed.
I rode it back to work, some 25 miles and found that all thats happened is the vibes have moved somewhere else slightly higher up the rev range and now the tank vibrates even more!
I may be wrong here, but, even allowing for 'characteristics' newly designed bikes shouldn't vibrate enough to give you either a stiffy or 'white finger/thumb, after 15 mins riding, or am I being too picky here?

Big_Gaz 6'1'' 15st 13lbs (vibey 10R owner)
Grunty-Motor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds way excessive to me. can't you get a test ride on another one
WSB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev,
the bike I tested originally was nothing like this thing. Am gonna write now to Kawasaki UK and see what they say. Characteristics of the bike, dont think so! Let a mate who rides take it out and he thought it was very bad, he's an engineer by trade, and thought it was caused by 'resonant harmonics' or something. Thing is it's not right, did a back to back with my 9R and it was like whipped cream in comparison to the 10.

Big_Gaz 6'1'' 15st 13lbs (paid 8500 for a sex aid!)
Simoblack9R
In the Grove

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like others are experiencing bad vibes. http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.messageboard.forum.thread&threadID=161072&start=0&expanded=true
Big_Gaz
WSB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, seen that Simo, have been in touch with a couple of the people on there. Some seem to be suffereing far more than me, have sent the bike back to Kawasaki Bristol this morning, I suspect the manager who's going to use it for a day will simply say it's a characterstic. We will see! It's a shame, I've never bought anything brand new before, and I'm disappointed about how it's turning out.

Big_Gaz 6'1'' 15st 13lbs (got an 8500 sex aid)
Simoblack9R
In the Grove

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought one of the last '05 models in February - like you first time I've bought anything brand new. Mine's a bit vibey but nothing like you're describing - similar to the 9R so not a problem really. My only gripe is the Titanium paint which seems to stone chip really easily. Mudguard is pretty bad now as is the nosecone. Two chips out the tank as well. Seem to be forever touching in! Dealer said there was not a problem with the finish on my bike - just wonder what it's gonna look like in a couple of years. Anybody else have this problem with the Ti' paint?
Big_Gaz
WSB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny old thing mine is Ti as well, but it's not suffering as of yet. How many miles have you done on yours? I'm up to 2500 at the mo and I think the finish is quite good, better than on my 9R. Very little in the way of stone chips.

Big_Gaz 6'1'' 15st13lbs (8500 sex aid owner)
Simoblack9R
In the Grove

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's done just under 3,000 miles now. Might just be unlucky I guess. Does your bike have a laquered finish? Everything else about the bike is awesome. Once I ditched the 218's and put Diablo's and a Matris damper on the handling was transformed. Power delivery blows me away everytime I ride it. Any news from the dealer yet regarding the vibes?
R
WSB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Mate of mine has a ti 636 and his paint is so chipped looks like some be throwning blunt darts at it
so maybe is a TI thing Question

Big_Gaz
WSB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simo,
ref the vibes thing, I've just sent a letter to the Finance company who have lent 3.6K for me to get it, and also sent a proper letter to Kawasaki Bristol asking them officially to sort it out quoting the sale of goods act etc. I'm expecting a phone call from the manager tomorrow saying something like....ohh, there's nothing we can do, it's a characteristic.......Well sorry, if that comes back then I just don't/won't believe it and will take it further. Would love to swap bikes for an hour or so to see how they compare vibe wise.......any offers?

Big_Gaz 6'1''15st13lbs
R
WSB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey gaz you got the 06 ?
if you have we can meet i have the 05
i live near barnstaple if any good
can meet at bridge motorcycles and go down the A377 for you to see Question

Grunty-Motor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you've seen this

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24622&page=1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.zxrforums.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion (ZX-10R) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: